- 1 cup 1 cup brandy (preferably Spanish)
- 1 cup 1 cup olive oil
- 10 10 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon freshly cracked peppercorn medley (red, green and black peppercorns), to taste
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon to 1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 2 to 3 pounds Alaska Crab legs/clusters (King, Snow or Dungeness), thawed or frozen
- 1 cup 1 cup large Spanish olives (preferably from the deli section), drained
- Additional parsley for garnish, if desired
- 1 1 loaf of warmed crusty bread such as sourdough or baguette
- Combine the first six ingredients in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
- Rinse frozen Alaska Crab legs/clusters under cold running water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towels. Discard towels. Cut
- crab clusters or legs into smaller sections with a large knife, if desired.
- Add crab to the oil mixture and cover pan tightly. Over low heat, bring the crab to a slow simmer. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes for frozen crab
- or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed crab. Turn the crab over, add the olives, cover and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from
- heat and allow the crab to rest, covered, until just warm, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and garnish with additional parsley, if desired. Serve family-style with crusty bread for dipping.
Share this Recipe