- Dry Sugar Rub:
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon 1/2 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Tablespoon 1/2 Tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 Tablespoon 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Dash of cinnamon
- 4 4 to 6 skinless Alaska Salmon fillets (4 to 6 oz. each), fresh or thawed
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 1/4 to 1/3 cup hot Chinese-style or Dijon-style mustard, if desired
- Blend all ingredients for Dry Sugar Rub. Generously coat one side of each Alaska Salmon fillet with mixture.
- Heat oil in large heavy pan over medium-high heat. Carefully place salmon fillets in pan, seasoned side down. Cook about 2 minutes to sear;
- turn fillets over. Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 6 to 8 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Serve salmon with mustard, if desired.
Share this Recipe