- 1 1 whole Alaska Keta Salmon (dressed), fresh or thawed
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1 lime, sliced
- 2 2 small stalks lemon grass (2 oz.), light part only, halved lengthwise and bruised (crushed)
- 6 6 to 8 slices (2 oz.) long thin slices of peeled fresh ginger
- 4 4 to 5 sprigs each fresh mint and cilantro
- 2 2 Thai chiles, halved lengthwise
- 1 1 large banana leaf (big enough to wrap fish)
- Sesame Snap Peas:
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 pound 1 pound snap peas
- 1 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon each sesame oil, soy sauce, and sesame seeds
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon sweet and sour sauceA
- Remove Alaska Keta Salmon from refrigerator 15 minutes before cooking. Heat grill to medium-high heat (400F). Cut 2 pieces of aluminum foil
- large enough to wrap around salmon lengthwise. Stack the foil sheets (shiny side down) on a baking sheet; spray top sheet generously with
- cooking spray.
- Rinse salmon under cold water, thoroughly rinsing belly cavity; pat dry with paper towel. On both sides of the salmon, cut 3 to 4 slits,
- crosswise, into the skin of salmon, deep enough to almost reach the bone. Brush salmon with oil; sprinkle salt and pepper inside and
- outside the entire fish. Stuff salmon with layers of lime slices, lemon grass, ginger, mint, cilantro and chiles. Wrap salmon in banana
- leaf, then place in center of aluminum foil. Bring foil ends up and crimp to close, forming a sealed packet.
- Carefully transfer the foil packet to the center of the preheated grill. Close grill cover and cook for 25 to 35 minutes, cooking just
- until salmon is opaque throughout. Remove from the grill and let rest a few minutes before serving.
- While salmon is cooking, heat oil in a pan. Stir in snap peas and bell pepper slices; saut 3-5 minutes, just until peppers soften. Mix
- together with sesame oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds, and sweet-sour sauce. Serve vegetables with salmon.
- Cooks Tips:
- The banana leaf makes a beautiful presentation, but could be omitted just wrap salmon in several sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil,
- bring foil ends up and crimp to close (leave room for heat circulation inside), forming a sealed packet.
- Variation: Roast in an oven preheated to 400F, cooking 25 to 35 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout. Be sure to let the salmon
- rest a few minutes before serving.
Share this Recipe