Great Smoky Grilled Alaska Crab Recipes
- 2 to 3 pounds Alaska King Crab legs, frozen or thawed
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Cafe Solé Seafood Grill Spice or favorite seafood spice blend
- 2 large sheets (18-inches wide) heavy duty aluminum foil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat (450ºF).
- Rinse frozen Alaska King Crab legs under cold running water to remove any ice glaze; pat dry with paper towels. Discard towels.
- For each pound of crab, use 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon of seafood spice. Blend olive oil and seasoning. Place crab legs on foil sheet and pour or brush oil blend onto legs. Lay second foil sheet over crab and thoroughly crimp edges to seal foil, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- To cook, slide foil bag onto heated grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes for frozen crab or 3 to 4 minutes for thawed crab.
- Soak wood chips (alder, cedar, apple, etc.) in water for 30 minutes; drain.
- Add chips to coals.
- Grill rinsed and dried crab legs on baking sheet until crab is heated-through.