- 3 Tablespoons 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons lemongrass (end part only), rough chopped
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons garlic, rough chopped
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons shallots, rough chopped
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons jalapeo, rough chopped
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon Thai style sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Asian Slaw:
- 4 cups 4 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/4 1/4 of an English cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 1/2 of a red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 Tablespoons 3 Tablespoons fresh mint, rough chopped
- 3 Tablespoons 3 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 4 Alaska Rockfish fillets (4 to 6 ounces each), cut in half lengthwise
- Olive oil for grill
- 8 8 small (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Lime wedges
- For marinade: Using a food processor, blend lime juice, fish sauce, lemongrass, garlic, shallots, jalapeo, brown sugar, ginger, olive oil,
- chili sauce and salt. Reserve 3 tablespoons for slaw, then place remaining marinade in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add Alaska Rockfish
- fillets to bag, seal bag and turn to coat. Marinate in refrigerator about 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- While fish is marinating, prepare the slaw: In a mixing bowl, toss cabbage, cucumber, bell pepper, mint, and cilantro. Blend rice vinegar
- and reserved marinade; pour dressing over slaw and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for flavors to blend.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat (400F). Remove fish from marinade and brush lightly with olive oil; place on an oiled grill rack/basket and
- grill 5 to 7 inches from heat about 6 minutes, turning once during cooking. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Wrap tortillas in
- foil and place on outer edge of grill while fish is grilling, to warm.
- To assemble tacos: Divide slaw evenly among warmed tortillas. Top with fish and serve with lime wedges.
- Cooks tip: If you dont have a grill rack, thread marinated fish fillets onto flat bamboo skewers.
Recipe by Margee Berry, White Salmon, WA
Share this Recipe