- 1 Tablespoon 1 Tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup minced shallot (or 1/3 cup minced onion)
- 8 oz. 8 oz. canned coconut milk
- 2 oz. 2 oz. chopped crystallized ginger (or 1 teaspoon ground ginger powder plus 1 tablespoon sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup minced fresh lemongrass
- 4 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon Vietnamese fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- Zest of a lime half
- 1/2 teaspoon 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 oz. 4 oz. finely chopped cashews, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups 1-1/2 cups sweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup panko, toasted
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup brown sugar, not packed
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup minced lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 Tablespoon 6 Tablespoon cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 12 12 Alaska King crab legs
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/8 teaspoon 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 1 green onion, thinly sliced on diagonal, for garnish
- 4 4 to 6 lime wedges, for garnish
- Prepare glaze: Heat the oil and shallots in small saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir shallots until translucent, about 3 to 5
- minutes. Stir in coconut milk, ginger, lime juice, lemongrass, lime leaves, fish sauce and sriracha. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 10
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; discard lime leaves. Puree the mixture with an immersion blender (or cool slightly and
- puree in a blender or mini food processor). Stir in lime zest and sea salt; set aside.
- Note: Glaze can be made up to 2 days ahead and held refrigerated. Warm in microwave oven before serving.
- Prepare brittle: Preheat oven to 350oF. Add all brittle ingredients, except butter, to a medium bowl; stir to combine. Using a pastry
- cutter (or 2 forks), cut butter into mixture until it resembles cornmeal. Spray-coat a parchment-lined 9x13 pan. Add mixture to pan; press
- mixture to edges. Bake until deep golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes, turning pan about half way through cooking time to ensure even
- browning. Cool at room temperature, then crumble into small granola-like pieces. Set aside or store in airtight container, if not using
- NOTE: Brittle can be made up to 2 days ahead and held in airtight container.
- Prepare crab: Cut off shoulder piece from each crab leg; set aside. Using sharp kitchen shears, cut the underside of crab shell along one
- side of the leg, then along the other side of each leg. Lift and remove that shell to expose the crabmeat. Repeat for remaining legs.
- For grilling: Heat grill to medium-high heat (400oF). Place crab legs, shell side down, on grill to heat through, about 3 minutes. Add crab
- shoulders. Brush crabmeat with peanut oil-white pepper blend. Turn legs over and grill 30 to 60 seconds, just until heated through. Remove
- crab from grill. Cut legs at joint to separate. Brush half of glaze on exposed crabmeat; reserve remaining glaze for spooning on crab at
- table. Stack legs on a serving plate, lincoln-log style, if desired. Sprinkle legs with brittle and green onions. Garnish with lime wedges.
Share this Recipe