- 1 1 3.3 lb. pouch or 64 oz. can* red or pink Alaska Salmon,
- 4 bunches 4 bunches watercress, ends trimmed; finely chopped in
- food processor
- 16 16 eggs, large, separated
- 1 tsp. 1 tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 oz. 8 oz. Neufchtel or lowfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 lb. 1 lb. sour cream
- 2 cups 2 cups cucumbers, medium, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups 2 cups tomatoes, medium, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. 2 tsp. salt
- *For canned, remove skin and bones
- In large bowl, gently break salmon into large chunks. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat 2 half sheet pans with pan release spray and line with parchment paper. Coat paper with spray.
- In large mixing bowl, combine watercress, egg yolks and salt and pepper. In a separate bowl or tabletop mixer, beat egg whites until
- stiff. Fold into watercress mixture using rubber scraper. Divide batter evenly between 2 half sheet pans, spreading into corners. Bake for
- 10-12 minutes until set and light golden brown.
- Remove pans from oven, place on wire racks and let cool briefly. On clean level surface, flip pans over onto second sheets of parchment
- paper. Carefully peel away lining paper on top and let cool.
- In mixer bowl with paddle, beat together Neufchtel cheese and sour cream until smooth. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Divide
- cheese mixture and spread evenly on top of each baked layer.
- Divide cucumber, tomato, salmon chunks and parsley or cilantro evenly and scatter over cheese spread. Using parchment paper as a guide,
- gently roll up from the short end; discard paper. Carefully transfer roll to serving platter. Cover and hold cold for service.
- To serve, slice each roll into 12 portions about 1 in width. Serve as appetizer course.
- Use 2 (10 oz.) bags of spinach leaves instead of watercress.
Share this Recipe